Saturday, March 11, 2006

recent acquisitions



The university library has been holding second hand book sales lately, and I was very lucky to pick up 6 books for the price of two pounds. Two pounds! That is less than what I usually spend on lunch. And they are such good books as well...I found Jean-Paul Sartre's 'What is Literature?', Gunter Grass's 'The Tin Drum', F. Scott Fitzgerald's 'The Crack-up with Other Pieces and Stories', a biography of Sartre by Maurice Cranston and 'Britain since 1945: A Political History' by David Childs (I think I need to brush up on my British history since I have limited knowledge in this field and have lived here for more than 2 years now, so this seems like a good place to start).

Picked up two more books at the second hand book market under Waterloo Bridge today: Truman Capote's 'Breakfast at Tiffany' and Tom Sharpe's 'Wilt'. However, with all the readings I have to do for school, I don't know when I actually have the time to read these books. May have to put most of them aside for later. Still, I'm gleeful to score some good bargains.

3 Comments:

Blogger supercheryl said...

lovely hardcover books!
I would like to obtain some of my childhood fairytale books, i think it was ladybird! And peter and jane, hahaha.... happy reading!

2:29 am  
Blogger Peishan said...

thanks! if i ever get the time to read them that is...feel free to borrow them anytime!

11:56 pm  
Blogger Peishan said...

i only have read 'the great gatsby' which was not too bad. tell me if 'the beautiful and the damned' is good, it has a good title anyway!

10:07 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home